We are excited to be partnered with Jenn Fillenworth from Grand Rapids, MI for this recipe! Jenn is a registered dietitian who puts a focus on making simple and flavorful dishes while also working to inform people that a healthy diet can include all foods. She runs a great blog called Jenny With the Good Eats, can be seen in televised media segments and works as a food liaison for GRNow.com.
Everyone loves fajita night! But sometimes fajita night tends to pack on the extra carbohydrates and leaves us with small portions of protein and vegetables. This recipe takes all the classic fajita flavors and ingredients and serves them over a hardy portion of zucchini noodles.
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon lime juice, plus wedges for serving
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pound Schaendorf sirloin steaks cut into 1/8” inch slices
1 white onion, cut into thin strips
1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
6 zucchinis, spiraled into noodles
¼ cup cilantro leaves
1 avocado, sliced thin
Preparation (Servings – 4):
1) In a medium bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon canola oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt.
2) Add sliced sirloin strips and stir to coat, set aside.
3) Cut onions in half lengthwise and slice into strips, cut your peppers into strips.
4) Spiralize zucchini into noodles and set aside.
5) In large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
6) Add onions & peppers stirring for 3-4 minutes, until softened; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
7) Add beef to skillet, cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until desired doneness is achieved.
8) Return onions, peppers, and add zucchini noodles to skillet; stir for about one minute until zucchini noodles are just heated through. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
9) Top each bowl with cilantro and avocado slices.
10) Serve immediately and enjoy!