We are excited to be partnered with Jenn Fillenworth from Grand Rapids, MI for this recipe! Jenn is a registered dietitian who puts a focus on making simple and flavorful dishes while also working to inform people that a healthy diet can include all foods. She runs a great blog called Jenny With the Good Eats, can be seen in televised media segments and works as a food liaison for GRNow.com.
I LOVE the summer season specifically for the grilled meats! My favorite thing to do is throw together a few different marinades then give my meats AT LEAST 12 hours in the marinade. It really helps to tenderize the meat and infuse big flavors. Kebobs are a very easy weeknight or even weekend meal. Cutting the meat and vegetables into small pieces makes for a short grill time and a complete dinner on the table within 30 minutes. I recommend serving these kebobs with rice or with pita. These kebobs can easily be turned into a pita sandwich with cucumber sauce, yum!
¼ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 pound Schaendorf sirloin steaks cut into 1 inch pieces
1-pint cherry tomatoes
1 zucchini, cut into rounds
1 red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
Preparation (Servings: 4):
1) Preheat grill to medium-high, roughly 375-400 degrees.
2) Combine all ingredients for the marinade and set aside while you prep sirloin and vegetables.
3) Separate vegetables and sirloin into two separate bowls and pour marinade over each. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
4) Add steak and vegetables to skewers then place on the grill. Cook for approximately 2 minutes per side, rotating frequently. Total cook time should be 6-8 minutes.
5) Serve immediately with rice or pita. Enjoy!