Local Beef Michigan
How is “sustainably raised” different from “grass fed”?
- “Grass Fed” is a good method but very different. Our animals are all fed grass throughout their life but not limited grass alone. Our Cattle are also fed local forages and grains.There has been no proven health benefits to grass fed beef other than it is “leaner”. It is leaner because grass fed beef takes much longer to finish. Also grass fed beef in Michigan is only required to be pastured 9 months of the year, and is often grain finished.
What breed of cattle do you raise?
- We raise Holstein cattle in conjunction with our family’s dairy farm just 2 miles away. We raise the girls (heifers) for milking and raise the boys (steers) for delicious beef. Great minds think alike! Many fine Steakhouses agree with us, that the Holstein breed is more flavorful and consistent than other breeds. Taste and see the difference for yourself.
Where do you ship to?
- Schaendorf Cattle Co. ships via FedEx to the 48 continental United States. We do not ship International or to Alaska or Hawaii. If you live nearby, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative shipping options.
When will my order be shipped?
- Schaendorf Cattle Co. ships out our meat on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays only. This is done to ensure proper delivery temperature of the meat. The cutoff time to have orders shipped is 10:00am EST on the day of order. Orders placed after that will be shipped the next shipping day. Since we are located in the Midwest, West Coast and certain western areas of the continental United States will only be shipped on Mondays.
Who will deliver my order?
- All Orders are shipped via FedEx Ground. Shipping rates for FedEx Ground run anywhere from $10 to $31 per order depending on your location and the size of the order. FedEx rates are in addition to a $13.50 Handling Fee. FedEx Express shipping is available upon checkout as well. A FedEx confirmation number will be emailed to you when your order is shipped. Most orders arrive 24-96 hours after shipment, depending on where you live.
What does my order get shipped in?
- We ship our products in a 100% Recyclable Cardboard Box. Besides the great tasting meat, these boxes contain a reusable styrofoam cooler inside. We use styrofoam to ensure your order stays frozen. Every order is also packed with enough dry ice to keep it frozen. Since orders contains dry Ice, the dry ice sometimes is dissipated upon delivery. If there is any dry ice left in the shipping cooler, avoid contact with bare skin. Use gloves or oven mitts to dispose of it or simply leave the dry ice in the cooler and let it dissipate naturally.
What do I do with my meat upon delivery?
- Upon delivery, place your meat into the freezer, or refrigerator if you plan to use it within 3-5 days. Your Beef should be still frozen or partially thawed when you receive it. Beef steaks can be frozen up to 4-6 months. If you have questions about your order contact us at email@example.com
How much freezer space will I need?
- Most of our Beef Packages require roughly 1 cubic foot of freezer space.